Herb Garden Installation
The aromatic and medicinal garden
The Herb Garden is fully installed in either the Wombat or Bilby raised garden beds. Built by hand from recycled roofing iron, the garden beds have an elevated floor that provides ample growing depth whilst keeping the garden self-contained. The floor also prevents chemical leeching from contaminated soil and acts as a deterrent for bandicoots, nut grass, tree roots, rodents and common garden weeds.
The Herb Garden is filled to the brim with an organic soil mix that is fertility-boosted with biochar, worm castings and organic nutrients. This particular supplementation improves the long-term microbiology of the soil, in turn supplying the garden with the necessary elements to produce healthy plants year after year. The garden is planted with your selection of culinary and medicinal organic herbs. Companion herb planting and arrangement advice are an included service.
- Wombat – 2.1m L X 1m W X 69cm H
- Bilby – 1m L X 1m W X 69cm H
- Shape: Oblong
- Wombat - 0.84m3 or 840L
- Bilby – 0.4m3 or 400L
- Materials: Recycled corrugated iron, colorbond roofing
- Floor: Reinforced & galvanised with a growing depth of 400mm
- Colour: Varying, usually green
- Wombat can host up to 20 herb seedlings
- Bilby can host up to 10 herb seedlings